Planning a garden party? Make it a pretty one with our styling inspiration.
Gallery: garden wedding inspiration
- Connect your theme to an outdoor venue through styling details. For example, if you’re marrying in an olive grove, use olive leaves in your table arrangements or bouquets.
- Create eye-catching focal points by studding the space with vintage items that double as props for your photo session.
- Transform an old frame by painting it white and using it to hold your seating chart.
- Hit your local op shops or trademe.co.nz to find pretty mismatched crockery.
- Collect glass jars, fill them with fresh flowers or tealight candles and dot them around your reception area.
- Buy a length of fabric from which to make your own napkins. After the reception, recycle them to use for years to come.
- To cast a warm glow over your celebration, tie white paper lanterns onto tree branches with satin ribbon.