Looking to get fit for the big day? It’s easy when you follow these simple rules.
- Eat breakfast. A healthy start reduces the likelihood that you’ll overeat later in the day.
- Exercise control. Cut out the baddies and watch your portion sizes too. Avoid the vending machine by keeping healthy snacks such as raw nuts handy, and at dinner consider ordering two light starters (make one a salad) instead of a heavy main meal.
- Go vegie. Three-quarters of your plate should be laden with garden goodies, and the other quarter should include lean meat and low-GI carbs such as brown rice or quinoa. Keep a food diary so that you’re aware of where you can fine-tune your diet.
- Set a curfew. Avoid eating after 7pm – you don’t need any extra energy while you’re getting your beauty sleep.
- Treat yourself. The occasional luxury ensures you don’t feel deprived; life’s for living, after all.
- Move it. Get your metabolism going with physical activity. If vigorous sports aren’t your thing, grab a friend for regular speed walks through the park.