This irresistible Italian traditional dessert will have your guests coming back for more - with the combination of coffee, chocolate and cream, what's not to love?
1/2 cup (125ml) cream
300g dark chocolate, chopped
1 1/2 cups (375ml) cream, extra
1 1/2 cups (375g) mascarpone cheese
2 Tbsp coffee-flavoured liqueur
1/3 cup (80ml) espresso coffee, cooled
12 store-bought sponge finger biscuits
1. Line a 32 x 7 x 8cm tin with non-stick baking paper.
2. Place the cream and chocolate in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until the chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool.
3. Whisk together the extra cream and mascarpone until light and fluffy.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the liqueur and coffee. Quickly dip both sides of the biscuits in the mixture.
5. Pour one-third of the chocolate mixture into the tin. Top with one-third of the cream and half the biscuits.
6. Top with another third of the cream, followed by the remaining biscuits and the last third of the cream.
7. Pour on another third of the chocolate mixture and set the remaining third aside.
8. Cover the tiramisu with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 3 hours or until set.
9. To serve, warm the remaining chocolate mixture in a saucepan over a low heat. Carefully invert the tiramisu and serve the warm chocolate separately.