The path to bridal beauty starts with smooth, healthy canvas – Dr Hauschka’s 30-day plan takes the guesswork out of pre-nuptial skincare. For more wedding preparation advice – including tips on etiquette, styling, makeup and attire selection – see the New Zealand Weddings Planner, $15, available online now or from all good retailers.
What you’ll need:
- Dr Hauschka Rhythmic Night Conditioner, $159
- Dr Hauschka Facial Steam Bath, $59
- Dr Hauschka Cleansing Clay Mask, $69
- A mask, such as Dr Hauschka Rejuvenating mask (a revitalising balancing mask), $85, Moisturising Mask (for dry skin), $99, Firming Mask (for mature skin), $99 or Soothing Mask (for sensitive skin), $89
- Chemical-free makeup, such as Dr Hauschka’s cosmetics range
- A diet full of organic fruit and vegies, and a daily water intake of six to eight glasses
Begin the day by drinking a glass of warm water mixed with a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice start the day with a teaspoon of lemon juice to stimulate the digestive juices for detoxification. Massage cleansing cream into the skin, follow with toner and finish the routine with moisturiser. Apply makeup three minutes after moisturiser. In the evening, use the cleansing milk, facial steam bath, cleansing clay mask, cream mask and rhythmic conditioner to prep the skin for sleep.
Your skin will feel deeply cleansed, smooth and moisturised following last night’s routine. Complete the same morning skin preparation as day one. Simplify your product application in the evening, using only a cleansing milk and rhythmic conditioner.
Repeat day two.
Repeat the same process as day one in the morning. Cleanse early in the evening, then cover your face, including the eye contour area, with Cream Mask. Remove with a warm, moist facecloth before bed, pat dry, then apply the Rhythmic Conditioner.
Days five to seven
Repeat day two.
For wedding-ready skin
- Six months before your big day, start on a supplement programme that contains all the nutrients that nourish skin: vitamins A, B and C, zinc and omegas 3 and 6.
- Enjoy regular facial treatments to de-stress and keep your skin radiant and glowing.
TIP: Cream masks should be applied after cleansing then left for a minimum of 30 minutes. Remove with a warm, moist cloth. Watch where the mask dries first – this will indicate this area of your face is dehydrated.
For more wedding preparation advice – including tips on etiquette, styling, makeup and attire selection – see the New Zealand Weddings Planner, available online now or from all good retailers.