Spin a web of wistfulness with warm tones, antique touches and the rustic charm of ages past.
- Take inspiration from the season when selecting your colour palette. Channel lush spring gardens or crisp autumn leaves.
- Loosely bound bouquets have a free-spirited feel.
- Display potted blooms of various sizes around your venue and encourage special guests to take them home as a living gift.
- Bring a whimsical air to side tables and windowsills with clusters of glass vessels, each filled with a single flower in the same hue.
- Add interest by incorporating vases of varying heights.
- Decorate trees or bare boughs with lanterns and festive bunting.
- Place vintage poetry or song books haphazardly on side tables, opened to your favourite verses.
- Add an heirloom brooch to your bridal bouquet.
- For a twist on tradition that retains an old-fashioned appeal, have your flower girl or page boy release pale balloons instead of scattering petals.
- Hark back to the days when ladies brought a plate by asking guests to bring a dessert to share. Mark each guest’s or couple’s contribution on the dessert table with a name tag that complements your theme.
Suit: Crane Brothers
Carafe, glasses and serving tray: Simon James Concept Store
Flowers: Kelly Amundsen, Blush
Brooch, bottles and purse: Molloy’s of Milford Antiques
Silverware and cake stand: Blush Baking, Little and Friday
Stationery: Cocoa Berry Design
Blue table and stools: The Vitrine
All other props: Stylist’s own