Always on the hunt for wedding-ready hairspiration, it’s no wonder D&G’s Milan Fashion Week look caught our attention. Gently tousled chignon? Check. Big-day-worthy hair bling? Check! The best part? Far from having to be impeccable, this look’s beauty lies in its nonchalance: ‘It’s not perfect and the accessories aren’t perfect, but that’s what gives the look its charm,’ says Redken Creative Director Guido Paulo. Here, he tells us how to get the look:
1. Apply a 50-cent-piece amount of volumising mousse such as Redken Guts 10, $38, to damp hair, working into the hair from roots to ends.
2. Use fingers to create a messy, natural part.
3. Rough blow dry hair until it is 90 per cent dry, letting the last bit dry naturally.
4. Add texture by spraying a fine mist of finishing spray such as Redken Signature Look Wind Blown 05, $36, over dry hair.
5. Rub a 10-cent-piece sized amount of styling balm such as Redken Powder Grip 03, $33, in hands, and apply to hair from mid-lengths to ends for added grip.
6. Twist hair back into a loose, messy chignon that hangs over the ears, and secure with small U-shaped pins.
7. Spray with a mist of finishing spray.
8. Finish the look by adding accessories and jewellery. Guido’s choices were inspired by ‘various brooches, pearls and diamonds that you might find in a mother’s jewellery box back in the ‘50s.’