Express your individuality with a theme led by your passions.
Be inspired by nature
- Pay homage to your favourite beaches, mountains, plants or birds by naming tables after them.
- Large leaves make great coasters – pick them early in the day and keep them submersed in water until just before the celebration starts.
- Ass a fresh take to the table by pinning name cards to pieces of fruit or collections of wild berries.
- Sweeten up a glass of bubbly or soda water with hibiscus flowers in syrup.
Be inspired by travel
- Send postcard save-the-dates to put guests in the travel mood. Make your invitations in the form of a boarding pass.
- Give each guest a worldly treasure to take home, such as imported lollies. Luggage tags make cute place cards and double as favours.
- Vintage suitcases can be lined with plastic and used to hold bottles of soft drink, juice or water, and even as buckets of ice for beer and wine.
- Play global music, and for your first swirl on the dance floor as husband and wife choose an international dance such as the rumba or salsa.
Be inspired by art
- Look to the Great Masters when naming tables or creating your drinks menu – think Rene Magritte Margarita, Edvard Munch Punch, Da Vinci’s Martini, Picasso’s Mojito.
- Consider tying the knot in a gallery or museum.
- A sculptural bouquet style, with varying textures and tonalities, becomes a piece of art itself.
- Use easels to display seating charts and menus.