There’s splendour in the simplicity of a black and white colour palette. Opt monochrome for a high-style look, and choose a single accent hue to make the theme your own.
- Introduce your theme using save-the-date cards or invitations. Keep paperwork chic and streamlined – use a black font, and reveal your accent colour in the lining of envelopes.
- Create the illusion of space by using table decorations that reflect light.
- Get a luxe look for less with elaborate flourishes of glossy satin ribbon on the back of each chair, and around your cake in lieu of intricate icing.
- A monochromatic theme gains depth with stylish patterns – think black and white polka dots or simple stripes.
- Create a sense of occasion by hanging large chandeliers from the ceiling.
- Invest in a timeless white shoe and add embellishments that reflect your theme.
- A classic posy as your bouquet evokes an atmosphere of old-time romance.
- Seek out a sweet-smelling room spray – it'll make your celebration a delight for all the senses.