Make your wedding celebration a day filled with memorable moments by adding a personal touch that is as unique as your love. Here's 10 top tips to help make your wedding all the more special.
1. Create a website for your wedding to share preparations with friends and family. It's a good place to include useful information such as directions and accommodation details. You can also share the story of how you met, the proposal and introduce your bridal party and family members.
2. During the build-up to the big day, those closest to you provide a magnitude of support. Write each of them a sweet, unconditional love note the night before the wedding. Send it in the post so that they will receive your heartfelt thank-you after you have left on your honeymoon.
3. Commemorate a pivotal moment in your relationship with special favours at your wedding celebration - it will add extra significance to the proceedings.
4. As part of the wedding speeches, ask a couple you admire to share their tips for a successful marriage and highlights from their union.
5. Arrive like a princess to your ceremony in a horse-drawn carriage - it makes for fantastic, evocative photographs and the fairy-tale romance factor will heighten.
6. Bring life to your reception tables by making each centrepiece a glass bowl with fish such as red fans inside and a plant with moss placed on top. They are decorative and make a nice long-lasting gift for your bridal party.
7. Choose a theme you can incorporate into your entire wedding - be it a colour, fabric or accessory.
8. Order custom-made unity candles for you and your groom to light during the ceremony.
9. Have a pamper party for you and your bridesmaids hosted by a professional make-up artist. It's a great way to see what suits your attributes best before the big day.
10. Think green and go organic from your invitations to your flowers, food and wine. Even if your reception is outdoors, stick to using glass or cloth instead of plastic. Remember - a green conscience is classy!