Planning a summer wedding? These chocolate-dipped cherries by Dish Food Editor Clair Aldous make the perfect sweet treat.
Chocolate Dipped Cherries
- Firm, unblemished cherries with stems on
- White chocolate
- Finely chopped pistachios
- Good-quality dark chocolate
- Dutch cocoa
1. Melt each chocolate separately in a heat-proof bowl over a pot of simmering water.
2. Dip half the cherries (one at a time, holding each by the stem) in the white chocolate, only coating half of each cherry. Allow the excess to drip off. Dip them in the pistachios while the chocolate is still soft. Place on baking paper and leave to set.
3. Dip the remaining cherries in the dark chocolate, only coating half of each cherry. When the chocolate has set and hardened dip the cherries in the cocoa. Store in a cool place (but do not refrigerate).