To-dos for the groom and best man on the big day.
- Eat a hearty meal before the ceremony
- Send your bride a special gift or love note
- Delegate to your groomsmen
- Don't forget your socks
- Keep breath mints on hand
- Arrive half an hour before the ceremony
- Memorise your vows
- Make sure your speech is well prepped
Best Man Checklist
- Help the groom get dressed and arrive at the venue on time.
- Instruct attendants on where to seat the guests and ensure that they're equipped with umbrellas for the bridal party in case it rains.
- Supervise the distribution of buttonholes and order of service sheets.
- Stand to the groom's right as the bride makes her entrance.
- Present the rings to the groom at the appropriate point in the ceremony.
- Sign the register as a witness.
- Assist any service providers such as musicians or the photographer.
- Host the reception, announcing the wedding speeches, cutting of the cake and well wishes from those unable to attend.
- Keep track of people needed for photographs, such as family members or the bridal party.
- Give the third speech at the reception.